Spectator Statistics

Saturday 23 August 2008

AWESOME IS HOW I SHOULD START THIS!...

I've been looking at some Videos of OTAKON and once again, I feel a strong sense of Envy at all the fun the event looks to me...

I know that there are several other events all over America at different times of the year but for some reason, OTAKON just seems more "interesting" to me...

I can see that everyone has fun. You don't see people going around saying, "UR COSPLAY SUCKS LOLOL" and whenever someone cosplays as PEDOBEAR or the COMPANION CUBE, you can guarantee that a lot of people will get the Joke and would simply have fun.

That's what I feel Cosplay should be about. Fun! Sure you can do your best and have the greatest costume of all time but for me, then fun lies in being the character that you cosplay. Which is why I like being Luffy. His character is easy to mimic and it's really fun being him. Which reminds me...

Otakon is an example of an event where you can find cosplayers of almost every popular something in the world. I still believe that there will be a day where Singapore Events would have more ONE PIECE cosplayers. Dammit. Some people would come up with the statement, "ONE PIECE CHARACTERS WEAR SIMPLE CLOTHES LOLOLOL". That is simply proof that EIICHIRO ODA is a genius. You don't need fancy clothes to make a character appealing! What truly makes a character unique in any story is his personality. Some people tend to focus excessively on how their characters looks instead of thinking about what his personality is. I admit that even I used to think that way but I don't anymore. Now I see reason to put as much character development into my own Original Characters. I would spend hours thinking about their History, Abilities, Strengths, Flaws, Likes, Dislikes. Even when it comes to NAMING a character, I would be willing to do research to find the best name I can think of. I won't resort to "OK I'LL CALL IT THIS NAME CUZ IT SOUNDS COOL LOLZ" unless I am running short of time. Eiichiro Oda of One Piece shows that no matter what his characters wear, what really makes them shine is their personalities. If you have read One Piece and realise how much of a GENIUS Oda is, you probably would agree with me. LULZ! :D

Still, I have no right to tell other people how to Cosplay and I would like the same attitude towards me when I decide to cosplay.

Right... I'm just rambling a load of nonsense. Where was I? Oh yes... OTAKON!

Here's one of the many videos that you can find on YouTube...



I still think Otakon is awesome... And so are the other events in America... These guys know how to Party Hard...

...

Also, Otakon had a 4CHAN Panel a long time ago... So if you are a 4Channer and have never seen Otakon before, then watch this...



If you don't know what 4Chan is... Then LURK MOAR!...

It would be cool to be in OTAKON someday... But since I'm not used to Overseas Travelling and staying in a foreign country for a few days, it probably won't happen for a really long time...

I hope I get to see what Otakon 2009 has to offer... :)

I simply love events where people come together and have fun. I'm not much of an "Outdoors Person" but I yearn for chances to have as much fun with my Friends as possible. As much as I hate how I look in photos, seeing my friends having a good time in their own photos without me in it kind of makes me sad. Envy is a dangerous sin for me and I'm probably guilty of it many times...

...

Uggh... Why am I baring my soul like this?! I'm not used to this kind of thing! ARRRGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment